We’ve already told you about the benefits of turmeric. Now we’re going to tell you about one of our new favorite things: the turmeric latte.
This non-dairy drink is warming, healing, and delicious any time of day.
1 c. unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1 Tbsp. fresh grated turmeric root (or approx. 2 tsp. turmeric paste*)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger root (or 1 tsp. ground ginger)
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
Honey to taste
Pinch of black pepper
1. Warm milk in a saucepan.
2. Stir in turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon.
3. Add coconut oil; heat until melted.
4. Use a wire whisk or immersion blender to whip until frothy.
5. Add honey to taste.
6. Pour into a mug and sprinkle with black pepper.
* To make a turmeric paste, combine two parts turmeric powder with one part boiling water. Mix. Store in the refrigerator for up to five days.