We’ve long been a fan of infrared saunas for helping with recovery after exercise and de-stressing at the end of a long day, but if you are familiar with traditional dry saunas, which often heat up to 185° or more, you know that they can feel great to some but overwhelm others. Alternatively, infrared saunas heat up only between 120° and 158°, but the heat travels deeper into the body, so you can reap the benefits without getting overheated.
If you’re not familiar with the joys of the infrared sauna, let us show you the many reasons — detox, weight loss, skin health, and more — to invest in a Jacuzzi® infrared sauna.
1. An infrared sauna helps reduce muscle aches, stiffness, and joint pain. Working out hard is awesome, but it can leave your body feeling drained. An infrared sauna helps relieve inflammation, stiffness, and soreness by increasing circulation and relaxing muscles. When the blood moves it carries away waste and delivers oxygen to muscles for a faster recovery. Infrared warms the muscles for greater flexibility and range of motion while relieving muscle tension and pain.
2. It reduces stress and fatigue. Just a few minutes in the gentle warmth of an infrared sauna will help you feel relaxed, rejuvenated, and renewed. Infrared saunas have been shown to affect the autonomic nervous system by putting you in the important parasympathetic (rest and digest) state of relaxation to allow your body to heal and restore.
3. It burns calories and boosts metabolism. An article in the Journal of the American Medical Association stated that regular use of an infrared sauna gives the cardiovascular system a boost similar to running — heart rate increases, circulation improves. It’s something of a passive aerobic workout, because although the body is benefiting it is not being stressed in the same way as a regular workout. A 30-minute infrared sauna session could burn somewhere between 250 and 600 calories.
4. It helps detox the body. Infrared saunas increase circulation and stimulate sweat glands, releasing built-up toxins in the body. Sweating in a sauna daily can help the body remove heavy metals, as well as alcohol, nicotine, sulfuric acid, and other harmful compounds.
5. It increases the body’s immune response. The penetrating infrared wavelengths from Jacuzzi® True Wave™ Far Infrared Heaters raise core body temperature, inducing an artificial fever. A fever is the body’s mechanism to strengthen and accelerate the immune response. Combined with improved elimination of toxins and wastes via intense sweating, this action can increase overall health and resistance to disease.
6. It improves skin health. The profuse sweating achieved after just a few minutes in a sauna carries off impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin clean and fresh. Increased circulation draws nutrients to the skin’s surface for a natural glow. Many sauna users report improved skin tone, color, elasticity, and texture.
7. It just feels good. And sometimes, that’s all you need.
For more information about Jacuzzi® infrared saunas, go to infraredsauna.com or call 800.798.1779. Mention The Fine Line and save $400-$600 off regular retail prices and get a free ergonomic backrest and aromatherapy holder.